Product Care Guidelines
Bedding Care Instructions
- Wash at 40°C(104°F). For bedding set with embroidery 30°C(86°F)
- Don’t add any additional products
- Use a gentle wash cycle
- Air-dry where possible
- Iron on a low heat. You can put a cloth on bedding set when ironing
How To Wash Egyptian Cotton Bedding
- Luckily, washing Egyptian Cotton vastly helps to soften the extra-long fibers. This means that the feel of the sheets against your skin will only improve with time. Think of it like an expensive whisky, wine or cheese!
- When putting your Egyptian Cotton bedding in to wash, try and avoid adding any other items. In the frenetic movement of a dryer it is all too easy for a stray button, zip or clasp to cause noticeable damage by pulling on the material. Certainly do not mix your sheets with darker colored items. Egyptian Cotton is well-known for its superior absorbency and that extends to unwanted dyes.
- By choosing a fairly low water temperature for the cycle, you should prevent the Egyptian Cotton fibers, and so the whole sheet, from shrinking. Our personal recommendation is 40°C. For bedding sets with embroidery we recommend 30°C. A gentle wash cycle is your best option.
- We would always recommend that you use a minimal amount of gentle detergent rather than a chlorinated bleach. Whilst it is excellent for keeping your laundry a brilliant white, it can also be highly corrosive and damaging to Egyptian Cotton. If there are any obvious stains on the sheets you’re best trying to remove them by hand prior to placing them in the wash. It may be worth choosing an extra rinse cycle to be sure that you’ve washed out all the detergent.
How To Dry Egyptian Cotton Bedding
- With Egyptian Cotton bedding we would always recommend that you air dry the fabric on a clothesline. Hung correctly, the creasing will be minimal and you won’t have to spend as long on the ironing. Air drying also to maintain the cotton’s lovely natural scent.
- If you must tumble dry your Egyptian Cotton bedding, make sure that you use a relatively low heat. Remove the sheets from the dryer as soon as possible after the cycle has finished and fold them. This will help prevent any stubborn creases from setting in.
- Iron the sheets whilst they are still slightly damp with the iron set to a low heat.
- Egyptian Cotton bedding is a high-quality item with a truly luxurious feel. Treated well, that stunning quality will last for years to come.